Band 5 Inclusion Centre Teaching Assistant
Hours: 26.25 per week (Full-time)
September 2021 start
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our dedicated team in our Portsdown Inclusion Centre (PIC) which caters for 9 children with communication and interaction needs. You will work in a team of 3; the class teacher and another teaching assistant. The children in the PIC have all got EHCPs. The aim of the PIC is to reintegrate children back into our mainstream classrooms.
The post is initially fixed term until August 2022 but with the very high possibility of being extended.
Portsdown is located on the border of Portsmouth and Hampshire, right next to QA hospital. We are a very welcoming and fully inclusive school with a highly motivated staff team. We work hard to improve all the time and believe that we are stronger when working together. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The successful candidate must be:
- An excellent communicator
- Positive, calm and patient
- Up for the challenge of working with children with additional needs
- Be skilful and flexible in working to children’s needs
- Able to build strong relationships with those around them
We can offer:
- Children who are keen to improve and learn;
- A happy school community where everyone supports each other;
- Professional development to support your role
- Friendly, supportive colleagues;
- Experienced, highly skilled staff to help you in your role
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Closing date for applications will be 12pm Monday 20th June 2021 and interviews will be held shortly after. Please complete the online application form and email it back to email@example.com